Commercial Lighting Supply
- What type of work tasks will be undertaken?
- Accommodate changes in work activities based on client requirements
- Ensure the safety of workers so that hazards are visible and well lit
- Create a suitable well-lit work environment
- Provide a safe and comfortable visual environment driving productivity and satisfaction
We also work in to comply with Australian Standards:
- General Lighting – AS/NZS 1680.2.4:1997 For general work areas a value of 160 lux is recommended. Office environments with moderately difficult visual tasks should have a range of 320-400 lux.
- Access and Stair Lighting – AS/NZS 1680.2.4:1997 A value of 40 lux is recommended for walkways and access areas, necessary for workers to be able to move around safely. This should be considered as a minimum value where is some circumstances higher levels may be required.
- Emergency Lighting – Depending on the office type, AS/NZS 3012:2010 or AS 2293.1 is used. AS/NZS 3012:2010 specific for construction and demolition categorised offices requiring battery-powered lighting to be installed in passageways, next to switchboards and stairways. AS 2293.1 specific for emergency escape lighting and exit signs for buildings outlines emergency escape luminaires should be located within 2 metres of the approach side of each doorway where required.
We work together with our clients to understand their specific office lighting requirements and provide a recommended lighting design concept and schedule.