Commercial Lighting Supply
We specialise in lighting for the supermarket industry and have a solid understanding of supermarket regions and the lighting design requirements. Supermarket lighting plays a key role in the supermarket design where a great lighting environment can attract and guide the flow of people. Our lighting design also considers easy installation, longer lifespan and energy saving.
As part of our lighting design process we identify the key supermarket lighting areas:
- Fresh Area Lighting: The fresh area within a supermarket generally displays produce, meats, cheeses and cooked goods. The lighting design for this area looks to ensure foods are well presented but also considers the temperature impact of goods. In order to create fresher looking produce our ‘Brillant Vivid’ LED technology provides enriched high-colour rendering, making the saturation and hue of an object more accurate when compared to daylight. The ability to represent a greater range of colours and contrasts makes the texture and detail of a product clearer, so you can see how crisp or fresh it is.
- Shelf Area Lighting: The shelf area consists of the supermarket aisles and requires both horizontal and vertical lighting so the goods can be highlighted effectively. Because the distance between the shelves are closer the lighting for this area should reduce shadows with neutral colour temperatures and anti-glare fittings.
- Promotional Area Lighting: The promotional area of a supermarket is usually featured at end bays of aisles or in a dedicated position within the supermarket. Lighting for this area needs to attract customers at first glance so they can find the supermarkets special buys/products and discounts. Lighting for this area should be brighter than the surrounding environment to attract attention.
- Frozen Area Lighting: The frozen area of a supermarket contains frozen goods where the lighting design needs to make the goods look fresh and cool while considering the proposed fittings temperature. The distance between the light and goods and temperature can influence the shelf life so these factors are considered in this space.
- Cashier Area Lighting: The cashier or checkout area of a supermarket needs to be bright and comfortable for employees and customers. Anti-glare and high lumen LED lighting fittings are considered in this space to adequately allow employees and customers to see the goods and cash register.